I officially have no time for more knitting projects.
- The capstone project for my master’s degree is due at the end of April. *wimper*
- My wedding is at the beginning of June and there’s a lot of little details left to iron out. *yay* *wimper*
- My wedding shawl must be finished at least one week before my wedding, for sanity’s sake. *wimper*
The good news: My wedding shawl is going much better now. It is officially out of timeout and I’m making lots of progress. I’ll fill you in on what exactly my problems were and how I fixed them when I do my “big reveal” post. Until then, I feel a little bit superstitious about writing too much on the subject…as if I might jinx myself by writing something that sounds over-confident.
The bad news: I’m NOT ALLOWED to start ANY new projects. I don’t need temptation to procrastinate on any of my three priorities.
Why, oh why are there so many gorgeous projects I’d love to be casting on? I may be committed to my three priority projects, but my wandering eyes can’t stop looking.
I’ve decided that the best treatment for my suffering is to make sure you all suffer with me. Here are some of the projects I wish were on my needles.
Tanks, tanks, tanks!
Today was our first truly springy day in Minnesota, with temperatures near 60 degrees F. Suddenly all I want to do is throw off the depressing shrouds of wool and caper through the park, bare arms flung wide for maximum Vitamin D exposure. I’ll be arrested if I’m not wearing something. I’d prefer to be wearing something like this: a gorgeous little tank in light-weight cotton, linen, or silk.
Colorful Stuff To Do With My Yarn Scraps
I’ve been accumulating large amounts of scrap yarn. All knitters do. They’re destined to be used in cheerful scrap-busting projects like these:
Alternative Wedding Shawls
I really love Fiori Di Sole and I’m sure it will be a wonderful wedding shawl. But even this far along in the process, with the wedding looming only a couple of months away, I still have problems with commitment. Did I make the right choice? Maybe if I knit another shawl. I really loved this other Romi Hill pattern…
Yeah, that’s not pre-wedding nerves talking at all, is it?
- Ravelry Mondays – Spring Shawl Edition (whippedstitches.wordpress.com)
- Knitting Project; Spring/ Summer Shawl (billiescraftroom.wordpress.com)
- WIP – The Magic of Lace (and provisional cast ons) (measuredandslow.com)