In the last few weeks I’ve been very privileged to be nominated for two blogging awards:
One Lovely Blog
Nominated by Crafts by the Sea.
In addition, I received a surprise reward from Agujas for being her 100th follower. She sent me a scarf kit from Habu Textiles. One cone is a very fine merino (red). The other cone holds a very interesting silk and stainless steel yarn. The idea is to knit the scarf in several sections, sometimes with one yarn, sometimes with the other, and sometime with both.Then you felt it. Of course, stainless steel doesn’t tend to cooperate with felting, so you get a scarf with a really fascinating crumpled look. Like a scarf buried for years in the back of your coat closet, only fashionable and artistic. Trust me.
All of this attention and luck makes me feel very happy. I love writing a blog that others enjoy reading. And I’m delighted to be Agujas’ 100th follower. She has a wonderful blog and I’m sure she’ll soon have more followers than she knows what to do with.
I also have some obligations to fulfill as recipient of these two awards. Rather than write separate posts, I’m going to combine it all into one. I’ve noticed that there is a lot of variety in how different bloggers have responded to these awards in the past. There doesn’t seem to be a specific formula to follow or even a consistent set of questions to answer. So I feel free to make it up as I go along.
One Lovely Sunshine Blog
1) Link back to blogger who nominated you and say thank you
May all things curl that you wish to curl.
May the sea inspire you with its crashing might and not deposit salt upon your hand knits.
And may the wool maketh not your hands to perspire at inconvenient moments.
2) Paste the award image on your blog
3) Answer 7 questions about yourself
Instead of doing this, I think I’m going to pose questions to other knitters. Things I’ve always wanted to know but was afraid to ask.
- Do you hold on to horrible yarn from your early knitting days because you’re convinced that it hates you as much as you hate it…and it’s good to keep your enemies close?
- What do you do when you give someone a lovely hand-made gift that they don’t like or don’t use? Is covert reclamation allowed?
- When your mother in law gives you a large bag full of cotton yarn to make dish cloths out of, how much obligation do you have to start popping them out? Is the obligation greater if you have not given her grandchildren?
- Are shawls really fashionable these days, or is that a delusion I’ve fostered to deny that I dress like a Jane Austen reenacter?
- Does my knitting really make the whole couch vibrate?
- What would you do with all the spare time you would have if you didn’t knit? Would you be thinner?
- Do you think sheep would find it creepy that I spend so much time petting yarn?
4) Nominate other blogs for this award and notify the authors about their nomination
In no particular order, here are a few other bloggers I would like to nominate for the One Lovely Sunshine Blog Award(s). I’ve nominated these bloggers because I’ve had some recent, very positive interactions with them online. They are active and talented crafters and writers. I admire what they do.