Hi fellow blogsters.
You are cordially invited to join the So You Think You Can Dance Yarn Along.
So You Think You Can Dance just started its 9th season on Fox. It’s one of the few reality shows I can bear to watch because the dancing is that good.
The purpose of this Yarn Along is to bring together lovers of the fiber arts and lovers of dance in a blender of bloggy joy. Here’s how it works.
Each week you are encouraged to write a post in which you share:
- A fiber arts project you are currently working on. Perhaps something you work on while watching the show. (It doesn’t have to be a dance related project, but don’t let me stop you if you get inspired. As I write this I’m already thinking about going out on Ravelry and looking up patterns for leg warmers.)
- Your favorite dance moment(s) from a recent episode. Please also feel free to share the music you really liked, how awesome you think the choreographers are, etc…
- Do you have a dance background of any kind? Share your perspective.
- Share your insights about the intersections between fiber art and dance. I know it’s there.
- Anything else that happens to inspire you. Far be it from me to criticize other for not staying on topic.
To make it easy for others to find your posts consider including this copy in your title or tags:
“SYTYCD Yarn Along”
I have created a little logo for our group, below. Please feel free to use this in your blog posts or in your sidebar. (WordPress users, the easiest method I’ve found is to add an Image box to your side bar that allows you to link to this image using the image’s URL.)
Keep it polite and keep it fun.
Common courtesy and respect, y’all.
Let’s get blogging!
- SYTYCD Yarn Along? Any Takers? (25dancer.wordpress.com)