Technorati is fantastic for discovering all sorts of random information. Lately, type “ballroom dancing” into their search engine and it’s all about Dancing with the Stars. Specifically, it’s all about:
- Whether Sarah Palin was Booed
- Behind the scenes hookups
- Tabloid rumors about contestants spying on each other
What wonderful, inspiring ballroom dance content to have out there in the blogoverse getting top hits and 700+ authority scores from Technorati. Come on people .
Thankfully, the top hit is a blog post of real interest to those who love ballroom dancing. Strictly Ballroom the Musical is in development and (hopefully) will soon be coming to a theater near you.
Given the recent success of ballroom inspired touring shows like Burn the Floor, the cult popularity of Baz Luhrmann’s 1992 cult classic, and the growing interest in ballroom dancing in general, this show is going to be a smash hit.
I can’t wait.
Show me your . Show me your Paso Doble!
- Luhrmann recasts Strictly Ballroom as musical (cbc.ca)
- Plans underway to turn ‘Strictly Ballroom’ into musical (ctv.ca)
- Plans under way for ‘Strictly Ballroom’ on stage (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Strictly Ballroom Becoming A Stage Musical! (perezhilton.com)
- Baz Luhrmann to Bring ‘Strictly Ballroom’ to the Stage (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)