As suddenly as my summer spinning fever descended, it has now lifted. Now all I want to do is knit.
However, I’m trying to be disciplined. When the spinning fever hit back in June I set aside several large knitting projects. Now, I am not allowed to cast on any new ones until I finish some of my lingering UFOs. On the docket right now:
- Boxy by by Joji Locatelli. All my sweater has been lacking, all these long months, is a three needle bind-off, some neck trim, and some small sleeves. Not that hard. Really.
- Second Story Tee by Debbie O’Neill. Again, a simple matter of doing the finishing. Some seams and some sleeves.
- Ginny’s Cardigan by Mari Chiba. I have quite a bit of work to go on this one. Mainly sleeves. Then finishing. I may complete this one and give it as a gift, or I may frog it. I’m not wild about the Classic Elite Woodland yarn I used, but I’m unlikely to repurpose it for anything else.
- Squirrelly Mittens by Elli Stubenrauch. So cute. I was going to knit them for my brother last Christmas. Then I discovered a bad mistake in the colorwork that required ripping out the entire second mitten. So I retired this UFO to the penalty box. Maybe it’s time to pull them out again. I have one good mitten. Seems a shame not to give him a friend.
- Pi Shawl. The classic Elizabeth Zimmerman, easyeasyeasy shawl. It really is. And it’s gonna be gorgeous because of the yarn I picked. But this unrelieved stockinette is driving me up the wall. I can only knit a few rows at a time before I have to put it down. Why oh why did I decide to knit this in lace weight?
- Noodle by by Susan Claudino. I started a Noodle almost a year ago. So cute. Then I lost interest. As a result, I have a headless doll lolling around in my project bag. Bad karma, that. It’s bound to attract demons.
- Evenstar Shawl by Susan Pandorf. I started this two summers ago. Then Christmas knitting got in the way. It’s gorgeous. I have some lovely silk yarn to motivate me. Just need to get back at it.
That’s my current UFO list of shame. What are you shame-knitting right now?