I’m a total romantic. I think it’s important for me to be up-front about that.
I crave that perfect fit, just like Monica Partridge talks about in her poems.
But I understand that love is sometimes more like “you fit into me” by Margaret Atwood.
* * *
My mentor is Ryan Gosling. The version of him who says:
I’ve been unlucky in love lately. I was gearing up for a relationship that I thought was going to be the real deal. But it didn’t work out. So I’m still looking for that special someone. Someone I can cuddle up with next to the fire and listen to Song for a Winter’s Night.
Six things I could never do without:
- Bubble baths (followed by lying around on a bed all day)
- Listening to what you pinned on Pinterest, while I rub your feet
- Watching TV with closed captions so you can use your sewing machine
- The 5 senses, particularly touch, plus my sixth sense for what you need
I used to say “ocean/beach,” but I’ve learned I would give up the beach for some daily cuddling.
I spend a lot of time thinking about:
- When will more men start knitting girlfriend sweaters?
- Is there really any such thing as a sweater curse? Is it permanent?
- How to keep my shape through life’s wear and tear.
- What would that sheep think if she could see me now?
- How complex and twisted life can be.
- Why more people don’t convert their spare bedrooms into craft rooms.
You should message me if you’re looking for someone loving and fun who knows which scissors is for fabric, and which scissors is for paper.